2 ridge gourds; ridges peeled and slices thinly into half moons.
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
6-7 curry leaves
3 tomatoes; blanched, peeled and crushed
3 cloves garlic; minced
2 inch piece ginger; peeled and grated
2 green chillies; minced
2 table spoons fresh grated coconut (desiccated ok too)
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the curry leaves, mustard and sesame seeds.
- Add the onions when the seeds have popped, and fry until translucent.
- Add at the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chillies. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced ridge gourds, and mix so that all the vegetables are coated with the tomato /onion mixture.
- It may appear dry but, do NOT add any water, cover and cook on a low flame for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the coconut and coriander and mix well. Serve with Chapattis.