Friday, 5 February 2016
Kashke Bademjan / Fried Aubergines Dip with Whey
The last recipe from yesterdays EFAB's Wooden Spoon and Apron Club
This is Azam Saeb-Parsy's recipe
100 g fried onions
1 cup water
100 ml Kashke / Whey
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon dried mint
1 pinch saffron in 1-tablespoon water
Salt to taste
1. Peel the aubergines and slice longitudinally into 3 pieces on cook each side for 5 minutes. Add 6 tablespoons of olive oil, and fry until golden brown. Mash it and add most of the fried onions (save 1 tablespoon for garnish).
2. Add the water and salt and cook the aubergines and onions at medium heat for 30 minutes.
3. In another saucepan fry the crushed garlic for 5 minutes, remove and set aside. Fry the dried mint for 3 minutes and set aside.
4. Place the aubergine and onion mix on a serving dish and drizzle the kashke on the top of the mashed aubergines and garnish with fried garlic, mint, fried onions and saffron.
5. Serve with hot flat bread.