Wednesday, 26 February 2014
10 yellow limes
200 gm ginger; peeled and sliced thinly
1 lemon; juiced
2 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1 cup gur / brown sugar
2 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1. Place the limes in boiling hot water, slice thinly when cool.
2. Add the ginger, lemon juice and salt and leave overnight.
3 Add the water and bring to boil, simmer for at least 1 hour.
3. When the lime peel is soft, add the gur or sugar, and bring to a fast boil.
4. After 15 minutes check if it ready by placing a drop on a cold saucer in the fridge.
5. It is ready if it sets.
6. Take of the heat, dd the cayenne pepper and mix.
7. Let it cool and place in sterilised jars.
Makes 2 jars.