Wednesday, 17 April 2013
Sunday, 14 April 2013
Saturday, 13 April 2013
Tuesday, 9 April 2013
Recipe in the Book
1 25gm pack of china grass / agar agar (available from Indian stores)
1/4 cup water
1 pint / 500ml milk
1 teaspoon cardamom
3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
drop of pink colouring
sliced nuts (almonds)
1. I divided the 25g China Grass packet into 4 parts.
2. take one part of the above, snip into short pieces using a pair of scissors, soak in cold water for about 10 minutes, strain with a fine sieve or colander, wash and place in a saucepan with 1/4 cup water.
3. Bring to boil, and simmer until all the agar is melted.
4. Meanwhile boil the milk and sugar in another pan and mix with the agar / water mix.
5. Bring to boil, add the cardamom and the pink colouring.
6 Decant into glasses or bowls and place in a cool place, leave until set.
7. Garnish with sliced nuts. Place in the fridge until cool. Serve.
p.s. as I am diabetic I add the minimum of sugar, you can increase the amount according to your taste.