Sunday, 31 January 2010
1 table spoon oil
1 leek; finely chopped
2 green chilies; split horizontally in two
1/2 tspn mustard seeds
4-5 curry leaves
2 tomatoes; skinned and chopped fine
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 inch ginger; grated
1/2 tspn tumeric
2 tspn coriander and cumin powder
2 cups leftover kitchri
1 cup water
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the mustard seeds, chillies and curry leaves, as soon as they splutter, add the chopped leeks (or onion).
2. Fry the leeks until golden brown, add the tomatoes and the garlic and ginger, cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tumeric and the coriander/cumin powders, cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the kitchri and the water, mix well, turn down the heat, and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Serve with papad (papadoms)