1/2 cup toor dal
1/2 cup mung dal
1/2 cup chana dal
1 cup rice (I used broken basmati rice, as it is cheaper)
1 cup yogurt
juice of 2 limes
1 tspn garlic paste
2 tspn grated ginger
3-4 green chillies - minced
5 cups of finely chopped vegetables, I used:
salt to taste
For tempering (pumpkin seeds are good as well)
1 tspn mustard seeds
2 tbspn olive oil
2 tbspn sesame seeds
1 tbspn sunflower seeds
1 tbspn pinenuts
2 tspn Eno (sodium bicarbonate and citric acid 1:1 RATIO
1. Wash and Soak the dals and rice overnight.
2. Drain and grind fine in yogurt and lime juice.
3. Leave at room temperature for at least 2 hours
4. Finely chop the cabbage, courgette, leeks and carrot and potatoes (see pic)
5. Add to the batter together with the salt, garlic, ginger and chillies and mix well
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add all the seeds and nuts, brown and pour into the batter, mix well.
7. Add the Eno, mix well and pour into a 9 inch cake tin
8. Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven, 15 minutes at 200 degree centigrade, and 30 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade.